Activities provided by this service include but are not limited to:
• Installing and maintaining database management software.
• Backup and recovery measures to safeguard data.
• Monitoring and maintaining space usage within the database.
• Monitoring and maintaining availability and performance of the database.
• Provisioning and monitoring security measures within the database environment.
• Controlled production implementations through Change Management process.
• Creating or re-creating new database instances where necessary.
• Collaborating with Clients in maintaining databases where database administration (DBA) involvement is necessary.
• Assisting with database migrations through the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Creating user accounts for Databases required in Applications Systems.
Restoration of databases can be handled on a case by case basis depending on availability of the system and the type of backup being performed. Production databases have a recovery objective of within 4 hours when possible. Non-production databases have a recovery-time objective of 2 business days.
Take advantage of the experience, knowledge, and expertise of a mature IT organization with experts in many fields. Make educated decisions with expert advice.
• Database Upgrades
• Database Patching
• Database Installations
• Performance Analysis
• Database Optimization
• ERP Administration including JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
• Database Monitoring and Alerting
• Backup Assurance, Recovery
• Major Database Upgrades
• Emergency (down database) support
• Database Design: Clustering, Replication, Cloning, Log Shipping, etc…